After 12 months of planning and preparation, the first ever Critical Physiotherapy Course comes to life in February.
Run once a month over six months, the course highlights some of the most interesting new ideas in physiotherapy and features some of the CPNs most innovative thinkers.
Dave Nicholls – The architecture of movement
Anna Rajala – What’s “critical” about critical physiotherapy? Max Horkheimer and the idea of Critical Theory
Gail Teachman – The End of Inclusion? Thinking beyond ‘inclusion’ with Bourdieu
Patty Thille – What does it mean to care? Thinking with Annemarie Mol
Tobba Sudmann – How to understand disability? On the making of disability through discourse, materiality and practice
Filip Maric – Could physiotherapy be violent and unethical?
Hazel Horobin – TBC
- Participation in the course is free
- There is no sign-up, you just follow the web link at the time of the meeting to connect in
- All meetings are run by Zoom video conference with login information posted on the CPN website (www.criticalphysio.net) at least 2 weeks before the session
- Participants will get a certificate of participation for the sessions they attend, this can be used for your continuing professional development
- Sessions will run at around 6 or 7 am/pm and will vary each session
- All sessions will be recorded and will be available free on the CPN website after the event
We look forward to seeing you online soon.